Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I get my sizing handles back? Graph/data on same page.

I created a simple line graph on the same page as the data. The blue sizing
handles use to be present when I wanted to add data, but now the handles are
no longer present and I have to go through the longer way of adding data by
using the Chart source data option. Is there a way to get the sizing handles
back?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you have added any series "the long way", amended the formula for any
series or for any reason have an input range Excel considers to be
non-simple, it won't show the coloured range areas.

If your chart really is simple and based on a single contiguous range,
simply replace the chart data range completlely and let it be rebuilt.
(Select data in the first box for Chart data range, use the refedit
button to go select your range including all your headers, then OK and
let Excel figure it out from scratch).

Hope this helps
Adam