Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how do I stop excell graphing no data as a 'zero' result?

my line keeps bouncing back to zero instead of showing a gap
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Where there are zeros (or blanks) insert =NA()
This will display as #N/A and will be ignored by the chart engine
Not pretty on your report? Use conditional formatting to hide the N/a
Formula is =ISNA(A1)... format to make cell font colour match cell
background colour
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Patti" wrote in message
my line keeps bouncing back to zero instead of showing a gap

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

As Bernard says, if you can directly manipulate your data, replacing
blanks with #N/A will always deal with this (use GoTo Special to find
your blank cells)

In many cases though, all you need to do is go to Select Data click on
the button for "Hidden and empty cells" and choose to show gaps instead
of zeroes.

Hope this helps.
Adam