-   -   bars on chart do not match data points (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/258060-bars-chart-do-not-match-data-points.html)

MarshaD

bars on chart do not match data points

Simple data set yet when I create a bar chart the bars do not match the
actual values in the cells. For some reason, Excel produces a bar that is
less than the actual value. Further, the same values in a cell produce
different bar heights and although the data labels are the right number, the
value is always listed as something less. How/why is it creating bars of a
different value from the data point?

Jon Peltier[_2_]

bars on chart do not match data points

Is it a 2D bar chart? If not, change it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/4/2010 5:10 PM, MarshaD wrote:
Simple data set yet when I create a bar chart the bars do not match the
actual values in the cells. For some reason, Excel produces a bar that is
less than the actual value. Further, the same values in a cell produce
different bar heights and although the data labels are the right number, the
value is always listed as something less. How/why is it creating bars of a
different value from the data point?

Ms-Exl-Learner