Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Applying a Theme

I cannot get the theme to work on Excel 2007. It used to work but the other
day when I was doing an assignment, it did not work. I'm not sure what
happened. I typed a chart and went to apply theme (page layout and then
theme and the live preview on the theme did not work, the fonts would not
live preview from the themes either.
The fonts do work in live preview from the home tab.
What could be wrong? I even took a spreadsheet that I did at home to the
college lab and the themes would not work on their computers either. That
leads me to believe that something is wrong on my worksheet. Help Please. cj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you select fonts and colours explicitly that are not part of the
theme (eg using "standard" colours rather than theme colours with tints
and shades, and choosing "Arial" rather than the "Headings" or "Body"
font, then these are fixed and will not be affected by changes to the theme.
Try adding some new content to your file (eg some data in a cell) and
colour it with a theme colour, and choose one of the two theme fonts.
Now does it respond to changes in Theme?

Adam