Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default do not chart rows with no information

How do I get a chart that does not include rows of data that are empty.
Example:

OTD Date Day Abs Acts OT Acts Actuals TP Actuals
02/08/10 Mon 24 0 160 0
02/09/10 Tues 24 1 161 0
02/10/10 Wed 15 1 170 0
02/11/10 Thurs 10 1 175 0
02/12/10 Fri 31 1 153 0
02/13/10 Sat 65 65 0
02/14/10 Sun
02/15/10 Mon 27 0 157 0
02/16/10 Tues 8 1 177 0
02/17/10 Wed 18 1 167 0
02/18/10 Thurs 11 1 174 0
02/19/10 Fri 24 1 161 0
02/20/10 Sat 35 35 0
02/21/10 Sun
02/22/10 Mon 27 0 157 0

I do not want to include any of the "Sun" data in my chart.

Thanks,
--
clcnewtoaccess
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Simplest way is to use Autofilter to hide those rows or just delete them ;)

Either way you will need to change the axis type from Automatic to
Category (Text if xl2007) otherwise the Time Serial axis will still
include the Sundays.

Cheers
Andy

On 24/02/2010 14:46, clcnewtoaccess wrote:
How do I get a chart that does not include rows of data that are empty.
Example:

OTD Date Day Abs Acts OT Acts Actuals TP Actuals
02/08/10 Mon 24 0 160 0
02/09/10 Tues 24 1 161 0
02/10/10 Wed 15 1 170 0
02/11/10 Thurs 10 1 175 0
02/12/10 Fri 31 1 153 0
02/13/10 Sat 65 65 0
02/14/10 Sun
02/15/10 Mon 27 0 157 0
02/16/10 Tues 8 1 177 0
02/17/10 Wed 18 1 167 0
02/18/10 Thurs 11 1 174 0
02/19/10 Fri 24 1 161 0
02/20/10 Sat 35 35 0
02/21/10 Sun
02/22/10 Mon 27 0 157 0

I do not want to include any of the "Sun" data in my chart.

Thanks,

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

EXCEL 2007

I have just put up a chart for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 72 towards the top of my home page.

I think that this gives you what you want.

I have hidden rows 8 and 15 to achieve the desired effect.

Thanks.