Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart updating in copied worksheets

In previous versions of Excel, when you copied a worksheet within a workbook
any charts in that worksheet would update to the new worksheet. In the Excel
2007 I have, the charts remain linked to the original sheet. I don't want
that. How do I make charts stay linked to the worksheet they are in and not
where they originated? For instance, I want to make a chart in sheet1 then I
want to copy sheet1 and change the name to sheet2. I then want to change data
in sheet2 and have the chart in sheet2 update to the data in sheet2 without
having to go to the source data and change everything manually. As it is now,
I have to manually change the source data to get it to link to the new sheet.
This is terribly painful when you have multiple charts and multiple data
sets. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

EXCEL 2007.

1. I am in Sheet1 where I have some data and a chart.

2. I click on cell to the left of the letter A and above the number 1 in the
top left hand corner to highlight the whole of Sheet1.

3. Hit Ctrl-C to copy contents.

4. Click on new tab and Sheet2 opens.

5. Ctrl-V to paste. All data is now copied into Sheet2.

6. Click on the chart in Sheet2.

7. ChartTools / Design / Data group / Select Data.

8. Select Data Source launches defaulting to Sheet1.

9. Click on Sheet2 and Select Data Source changes to Sheet2.

10. Hit OK.

You should now have what you want.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.