Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ABA ABA is offline

Default excel charts look drastically different on different computers

When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting
looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts
are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the
formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was
never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and
for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was
using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the
problem with excel charts persists.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

When u add data labels and arrows manually to the chart as objects (text
files, automatic shapes etc.), before adding them to the chart u have to
select the chart itself first, e.g. click on chart, then select arrow u want
to add in. Otherwice objects are not linked to the chart, they are above it,
not in it. To check if this is the case, just select the chart and move it
slightly. If it moves while labels and arrows are not, that means these
objects are not added to the chart correctly.