Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart question

I am trying to make a chart that shows 2009 numbers versus 2008 numbers and
here is my issue: I have 4 cities Chicago(A1), Dallas(A2), Detroit(A3), and
Los Angeles(A4) that I have for 2008 and 2009 but I added 2 cities for 2009.
Is there a way to do a vlookup to pull the data for the chart or do I have to
set up the data sheets the same way...I tried to make this short so sorry if
its not enough info, just let me know if I can clear something up.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You should put your new cities in A5 and A6 (just their names --- <grin)
In B5 and B6 enter =NA() which will display as #N/A and be ignored by the
charting engine
In C5:C6 you could type new data or use any formula you like to extract it
from elsewhere on the same or another workbook.
Unless you arrange to make the chart automatically extend: click the chart
area and drag the range finders in A1:C4 down to row 6 to 'capture' the new
data into the chart.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme