Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default XY Charts Excluding Weekends

I have a date series where we are tracking sign-ups for a service.
* There will be NO sign-ups during weekends.
* Multiple people can sign up on one day.

I need a chart in Excel 2007 that shows a marker for each sign-up on
each day and the chart MUST exclude weekends. I've tried XY and Line
charts, but cannot get the result I want:
1. XY chart. Data is properly stacked by day, but weekend data is
shown. Need to exclude weekends - you see that Jan 23 and Jan 24 are
included even though there is no data there. Here-- http://i46.tinypic.com/14bq1xw.jpg
2. Line chart with Text Axis (Horiz): Problem - Data does not stack by
day. Weekends ARE excluded, however. Here-- http://i47.tinypic.com/flbyg4.jpg

This is what I want to get -- http://i48.tinypic.com/2wq4jk9.jpg

I've searched the web high and low and find this to be a very common
problem people suffer in Excel, but I haven't found a good answer.

Many people have suggested I switch to "Categories" on the X-Axis, but
that produces result #2 above which is no good.

TIA!
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 PivotChart