Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Axis Numbering Question

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7.

Let's say I have a chart with vertical axis tick marks
every 10 units.

However, my grid lines are every 20 Units, and the number for the units
appears next to the grid lines.

So, again, my numbers read 0, 20, 40, 60, etc, with grid lines at these
numbers.

For the tick marks at 10, 30, 50, etc., any way to also get actual
numbers to appear next to them
(without changing the grid line spacing) ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In your example: the major unit are 20 (0, 20, 40, 60,) while the minor unit
is 10
It is possible to have both major & minor gridlines, but only major units
get labels
A workaround fro you would be to make the major unit 10 - that gets the
labels
Remove all gridlines and add lines with the Drawing Tool (Inert | Shapes in
XL 2007)
Remember to first click on the chart to activate it before drawing the lines
so as to group the lines with the chart. Holding down SHIFT helps make
horizontal lines
Best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7.

Let's say I have a chart with vertical axis tick marks
every 10 units.

However, my grid lines are every 20 Units, and the number for the units
appears next to the grid lines.

So, again, my numbers read 0, 20, 40, 60, etc, with grid lines at these
numbers.

For the tick marks at 10, 30, 50, etc., any way to also get actual numbers
to appear next to them
(without changing the grid line spacing) ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xt Xt is offline

"Bob" wrote in message

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7.

Let's say I have a chart with vertical axis tick marks
every 10 units.

However, my grid lines are every 20 Units, and the number for the units
appears next to the grid lines.

So, again, my numbers read 0, 20, 40, 60, etc, with grid lines at these
numbers.

For the tick marks at 10, 30, 50, etc., any way to also get actual numbers
to appear next to them
(without changing the grid line spacing) ?

Thanks,
Bob- Hide quoted text -

Or, you can make a dummy series (0,10) (0.30) ..., label them using
Data/Labels/Left and then format the series so that there are no
markers. Format series/Marker options/None

xt