Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
CLR CLR is offline

Default Connection Lines Between Data Points

I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points. X axis is in
dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date. I do not have figures for
each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect. Below is an
example of my data. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Date Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
12/1 $1,169
12/2 $521
12/3 $2,321
12/4
12/5
12/6
12/7 $3,317
12/8 $2,791
12/9 $776
12/10 $4,772
12/11
12/12
12/13
12/14 $1,391
12/15 $1,501
12/16 $1,322
12/17 $3,688
12/18
12/19
12/20
12/21 $4,403
12/22 $1,415
12/23 $1,327
12/24
12/25
12/26
12/27
12/28 $1,885
12/29 $1,768
12/30 $376
12/31

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Does chart have to be set up in way you propose?

Could it be a column chart with dates along the horizontal axis and USD
amounts up the vertical axis?

Are you specifically looking for a Line Chart?

"CLR" wrote:

I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points. X axis is in
dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date. I do not have figures for
each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect. Below is an
example of my data. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Date Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
12/1 $1,169
12/2 $521
12/3 $2,321
12/4
12/5
12/6
12/7 $3,317
12/8 $2,791
12/9 $776
12/10 $4,772
12/11
12/12
12/13
12/14 $1,391
12/15 $1,501
12/16 $1,322
12/17 $3,688
12/18
12/19
12/20
12/21 $4,403
12/22 $1,415
12/23 $1,327
12/24
12/25
12/26
12/27
12/28 $1,885
12/29 $1,768
12/30 $376
12/31

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
CLR CLR is offline

Yes, it needs to be a line chart.

"CLR" wrote:

I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points. X axis is in
dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date. I do not have figures for
each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect. Below is an
example of my data. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Date Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
12/1 $1,169
12/2 $521
12/3 $2,321