Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2003 Charts - color changing

I have a chart that I update - adding a line, etc., and when I do this the
entire color scheme changes. I cannot have this as I need all of my charts
in the file (16) to have the same color scheme/theme throughout the
presentation. Is there a way to lock the colors in?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the info - however, what I'm doing is adding a new line to my
source data - and when I go back into the chart - it correctly plots it as a
different color BUT also changes the other colors assigned to the remaining
series already established in the chart.....is this normal?

"Luke M" wrote:

I think you are "updating" incorrectly. When you add a line to a chart, it
becomes a new color, as the total amount of series has changed. If you are
instead removing one series and then adding another series, the better way
would be to dynamically shift your series data. Try a google search for
"Excel dynamic charting" to see some examples of how you can make your chart
update and work for you, instead of you working to update the chart.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M