Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Help with area chart - need vertical line added

I'm not sure if this is the best chart to use or not, but I'm plotting my
data in a Stacked Area chart. I need to show a vertical line at the "Median"
value as shown below. So I have the "CB Score Groups" along the horizontal
axis and the "# of accts" along the vertical axis. My Median score is 709.
How can I add this as a vertical line?

"CB Score
Group" "# Accts"
0 - 599 550
600 - 619 281
620 - 639 448
640 - 659 643
660 - 679 803
680 - 699 946
700 - 719 899
720 - 739 853
740 - 759 742
760 - 779 872
780 - 799 691
800 - 819 375
820 - 839 143
= 840 11

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This approach should work on an area chart:

Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

klandes wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

thanks....I have my vertical line now, but I can't get it exactly where I
want it on the chart. My x values are text - a range of scores. I need my
vertical line to be exactly where 709 would fall in that range. Right now it
appears where the 700-719 range crosses. Is this impossible?

.