Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Control Charts: "Floating Maximum"

Obviously, ignore my last post. Sorry about that.

I've been asked to have a look at a control chart system that I'm fairly
familiar with. Now, though, the request is to somehow limit the data
displayed, so that "outlying data" isn't plotted. Normally, I could just
define a maximum of 1, but that doesn't help in cases the upper and control
limits are only seperated by 1%. These charts are currently designed to be
very dynamic as control limits can vary widely in this system. Is there a
way I could possibly assign a formula to the maximum value of a chart? For
example, set the maximum to 125% of the upper control limit (which in itself
is dynamic as well)?
--
Burnnie Holliday
Data Wrangler
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need to use VBA to make the limits dynamic:

Link Chart Axis Scale Parameters to Values in Cells
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier