Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Help with "clusters" of plotted data

I've been looking everywhere and I cannot seem to find a solution to my
problem. I have data in my spreadsheet that is 'test' data from a lab. The
lab doesn't generate data over weekends/holidays, so I'll have a bunch of
data points from M-F dates, but then there is a gap in days then the data
starts flowing again.

10-2-2009
10-5-2009
10-6-2009
10-7-2009
10-8-2009
10-9-2009
10-12-2009

When I plot this data using the X-Y graph (my situation isn't conducive to
using a line graph), I'll have clusters of 5 days worth of data...a 2 day gap
on the x-axis for the weekend and then another cluster. I want to have the
sequential data points connected by a line and not have a line across the
data gaps.

Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 X Y Chart
No weekend gap.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmzzdz...10_27_09a.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In your data range, list every date, and keep the cells next to weekend
dates empty. By default, Excel skips empty cells in a line or XY chart,
leaving a gap.

Note that a formula that returns "" is not empty, because the cell
contains a formula.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier