Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart MouseUp Event Feedback

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amit Velingkar and I am a Program Manager in the Excel team who
owns Charts Programmability.

I wanted to get some feedback from all of you on how you use MouseUp event
on Excel Charts. We want to get a better feel for how people are using it
today in order to prioritize and make better decisions around the
investments in this area.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...t.mouseup.aspx

Do you use the MouseUp event on charts? If so what do generally use it for?
Do you have any existing solutions in Excel that use the chart MouseUp
event.

Any additional details or scenarios about how you use the chart MouseUp
event in Excel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit Velingkar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I am not sure what you expect as feedback.

What I would love to see are additional events such as "onHover"
"onEnter" "onExit" "onClick" "onDoubleClick" - these would be in
*addition* to the existing MouseDown, MouseMove, and MouseUp.

Do I use the current events? Yes, and others who work with charts do
too. After all, they are all that's available. {grin} *Any*
implementation of interactivity with an Excel chart devolves to one or
more of these events -- and, of course, the GetChartElement method

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:06:49 -0700, "Amit Velingkar [MSFT]"
wrote:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amit Velingkar and I am a Program Manager in the Excel team who
owns Charts Programmability.

I wanted to get some feedback from all of you on how you use MouseUp event
on Excel Charts. We want to get a better feel for how people are using it
today in order to prioritize and make better decisions around the
investments in this area.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...t.mouseup.aspx

Do you use the MouseUp event on charts? If so what do generally use it for?
Do you have any existing solutions in Excel that use the chart MouseUp
event.

Any additional details or scenarios about how you use the chart MouseUp
event in Excel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit Velingkar

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Tushar -

How do you like the new implementation of MouseDown in Excel 2007?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.