Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Auto positioning of labels outside pie slices

When I make a pie chart with Excel, the data labels are always shown within
the pie slices as the default. For greater readability, I click on the
labels and drag them outside the slice, and the leader lines connect the
labels with the pie slices.

Is there any way I could do this with a command or click rather than drag
each label individually manually?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you double-click on the group of data labels it will bring up the Format
Data Labels dialog box. Go to the Alignment tab and choose Label Position =
Outside End.

You could then set this up as a user-defined custom chart so that you don't
have to go through this process with every pie chart you create. To do so,
go to Chart - Chart Type - Custom Types - User Defined - Add.

--
John Mansfield
http://www.cellmatrix.net