Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default need help with an interesting chart

Excel 2007 - I have a hard copy of a chart I need to recreate, but I don't
know how it was created. It looks like a normal data table, but the columns
all show a weighted bar along with the text. The bars represent the
percentage of each item compared to the total of that column. Anyone familiar
with this kind of chart?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Is it a 100% stacked column chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

jwhigham wrote:
Excel 2007 - I have a hard copy of a chart I need to recreate, but I don't
know how it was created. It looks like a normal data table, but the columns
all show a weighted bar along with the text. The bars represent the
percentage of each item compared to the total of that column. Anyone familiar
with this kind of chart?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

No. It looks more like this, but each cell has a bar next to the data that
varies in length depending on the number associated with it.
Number of Shipments Weight (tons)
Customer 1 11.209 66.224
Customer 2 23.281 67.584
Customer 3 3.214 11.479

jwhigham wrote:
Excel 2007 - I have a hard copy of a chart I need to recreate, but I don't
know how it was created. It looks like a normal data table, but the columns
all show a weighted bar along with the text. The bars represent the
percentage of each item compared to the total of that column. Anyone familiar
with this kind of chart?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 has a conditional formatting feature called Data Bars, which
draws bars in the cells. Look on the ribbon or in the help files for
'Data Bars'.

- Jon
-------