Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default exclude certain data

Hi
I have a series of data in rows which are plotted on a simple line chart.
Sometimes I want to exclude a particular data row from appearing on the chart
by typing X in a column (I currently use this to exclude that row of data
from average & mean calculations, which I also plot on the same chart)

Also, I have upto 30 rows of data printed on one chart - is it possible to
scroll the the dataset & highlight the chart line that the data belongs to. I
do not have labels because it makes the charts too crowded I'm sure I've seen
this somewhere but can't find it again

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I think I know what your are asking - you want to select a given series on
the chart but that's difficult because there are so many series? If so in
2003 select the chart and then on the Chart toolbar open the first drop down
"Chart Objects" and select the series you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire