Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Making a drop down control to choose a data series

Hi charting folks.

I have a chart that has six data series plotted onto it.

There are two sets of three "tests" that get their data plotted

One in the morning and one in the evening.

Right now, the chart is a bit cluttered with all six plots on it.

They are, however, useful for an overall view. What I would like to do
is create a drop down control that has three selections. Morning,
Evening, and All. The All is obvious, and the Morning would select three
columns of data, and the evening would select the other three.

If I were to name the two sets of data using a named range method, and
I have the control selection pump the range name into a cell location,
can I have a chart that uses the data in that cell as the defining value
for its data series selection?

Every time I ever entered a named range in my chart dialog, it
automatically resolved it, and changed the string to match the resolved
value, which no longer examines the cell for the range name