Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Table Resutls Don't Match the Graph

Hi Everyone!

I have three pivots and one pie graph all on one worksheet. Now, one of
pivots is supposed to generate the data into the pie graph and break it down
into percentages. However, for some reason the percentages from my pivot
don't match my graph. I tried looking at the decimal point in the pivot and
it appears that Excel isn't rounding the numbers correctly so that they match
the graph. Does anyone know why this might be happening?! Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Not enough detail. So what is one of the values in the pivot table (as
displayed on the formula bar) that is not displaying correctly? And how is
it displaying in the pivot chart? Are you plotting the %'s that are in the
pivot table or are you doing a pie chart and letting Excel add %'s in the
chart?

First, the pivot table does not round numbers by default all calculations
are out to 15 decimal places.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Ashley" wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I have three pivots and one pie graph all on one worksheet. Now, one of
pivots is supposed to generate the data into the pie graph and break it down
into percentages. However, for some reason the percentages from my pivot
don't match my graph. I tried looking at the decimal point in the pivot and
it appears that Excel isn't rounding the numbers correctly so that they match
the graph. Does anyone know why this might be happening?! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I apologize that I wasn't more clear before. For example, the pivot table
shows a percentage of 39.695 when I ask it to show the decimal places.
However, when I take away the decimal places, it rounds correctly to 40%.

The chart however, still shows 39%. Do you know why this might be happening?

Thanks everyone for all your patience and help!

-Ashley-