Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default x axis custom scale

I have a chart representing the following data:

1/17/09 $5,123.00
2/2/09 $125.00
3/30/09 $861.00
4/5/09 $3,325.00
5/15/09 $532.00
6/28/09 $147.00
7/4/09 $6,495.00
8/8/09 $456.00
9/18/09 $845.00
10/31/09 $947.00
11/25/09 $9,953.00
12/10/09 $125.00

My chart style is simply a line graph. The problem is that my x-axis is
defaulting to the following:

1/17/09
3/17/09
5/17/09
7/17/09
9/17/09
11/17/09

I would like the ticks to be representative of the actual dates in the
cells, exact monthly intervals. How can this be accomplished?

Thanks,

Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Not too sure of the meaning of: "I would like the ticks to be representative
of the actual dates in the cells, exact monthly intervals." It seem that the
dates in the cells are not exactly one month apart.

If you want the "actual dates in the cells" then make sure your Line chart
(not XY chart) is set to use the x-values as categories not date series.

Maybe tell us what type of chart you have made
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Wendymel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You question is unclear. You can set the scale to show only the dates you
entered by choosing the chart and then Chart, Chart Options, Axis, Category.
You may need to change the Scale tab of the Format Data Series dialog box to
show each point.

You can double-click the X axis and pick the scale tab. This tab will
display different options depending on the whether you choose Category or
Time scale above.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire