Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked Column Chart

Hi,
XL2003
At work, we allocate a Labour Time for every job we have an order for.
Im using a stacked column chart with 2 columns.
The first column shows the total number of hours for all jobs.
The second column shows the total number of labour hours available over a
given period of weeks.

I have found that I cant use my current chart if the total number of jobs
is more than 255.

I dont want to sum the job hours first, because the current chart allows
the user to hover the mouse over each graphical segment, which brings up a
comment-like box, with the name of the job, and the number of hours that
segment represents €“ which is useful.

So, is there any way of using a stacked column chart with more than 255
thingies, or is there another type of chart I can use?

Regards €“ Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Here are the 2007 limits:

Charting specifications and limits
Feature Maximum limit
Charts linked to a worksheet Limited by available memory
Worksheets referred to by a chart 255
Data series (data series: Related data points that are plotted in a chart.
Each data series in a chart has a unique color or pattern and is represented
in the chart legend. You can plot one or more data series in a chart. Pie
charts have only one data series.) in one chart 255
Data points (data points: Individual values that are plotted in a chart.
Related data points make up a data series. Data points are represented by
bars, columns, lines, slices, dots, and other shapes. These shapes are called
data markers.) in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000

You have reached the limit.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire