Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rob Rob is offline

Default Data to Chart Question/How-to

Below is my data layout as it is right now. What I want my chart to look
like is described as...

The Vertical Left Area is the Document ID Column
The Horizontal Bottom Row is the Reviewer (Revwr #?)
The Secondary Vertical Right is the Days Overdue Numbers

So far I've tried to use a Scatter, Line, Bar, and also Combining them too
but nothing seems to yield the results I am looking for.

I hope that the data outline below shows up well enough but if not then let
me know and I'll try again.

Document ID Revwr #1 Revwr #2 Revwr #3 Revwr #4 Days Overdue
Document #001 X X 8
Document #002 X X 15
Document #003 X 15
Document #004 X X X 8
Document #005 X X 17
Document #006 X 89
Document #007 X 6
Document #008 X 237
Document #009 X X 3
Document #010 X X 10
Document #011 X 3
Document #012 X X X 15
Document #013 X 221
Document #014 X 3

Thanks in Advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rob Rob is offline

Now that the message is submitted I can actually see that the layout does not
look good. I wish this had a preview feature or an edit post function.
Here's another attempt.

"Rob" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Compose your table in Notepad, using a nonproportional font. Then paste it
into your next post.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Rob" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I'm having trouble envisaging your description of chart.

The Vertical left axis is actually a category axis as each point is a
discrete document.
The Horizontal axis is also a category axis where each point is a reviewer.

I would have thought the Overdue days would be displayed as a value at the
intersect point of the Doc/Revwr.
But somehow you want a 3rd axis, vertical right, to display overdue days. Is
that axis not really an axis at all but just a column of Overdue values that
will align with the corresponding document? If so what information should
appear at the intersect of doc/revwr, where you data table currently has an
X.

Cheers
Andy

--