Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot chart series label

Hello -
I have a Pivot Chart where I am using the Data as the axis labels (example:
several jobs where the data sums up the number of people in that category - 3
salesman, 2 managers, etc.)

The issue is that the label showing in my chart says "Sum of Manager". Is
there a way to get it to say only Manager?

Thx!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can't use a label that's exactly the same as the field name, but
this workaround works well:

Right-click on the Sum of Manager button in the chart
Click on Format PivotChart Field
In the Name box, delete the existing text and type Manager, followed by
a space character. Now the name will be Manager <space
Click OK

The space character makes the name slightly different than the field
name, so Excel will allow it as a label caption.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures