Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default plot points

Is there a way to change the data points in a chart automatically if a plot
point is changed (such as dragging the line point to a new axis value)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In classical Excel, a point on a chart could be dragged and the data table
would change (with an XY chart -- can't recall if it works with other
charts). But this feature was (unfortunately) left out of Excel 2007
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"twotrack" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the data points in a chart automatically if a
plot
point is changed (such as dragging the line point to a new axis value)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"twotrack" wrote in message

Is there a way to change the data points in a chart automatically if a
plot
point is changed (such as dragging the line point to a new axis value)?- Hide quoted text -

I'm new to the group so please tell me if there is a way of doing
this, but I'd just like to register another voice saying that losing
the point-dragging functionality from Excel 2003 XY charts is a really
backward step. I have a classroom exercise which is centred around
this functionality - I'm not happy about losing the time invested in
developing it.