Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked Line Chart

I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to
have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole
group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd
line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the
previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line
from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to
the previous total, so if the value of the third item is zero, it will plot
a point at the corresponding point of the second series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

Two Weeks Away!

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Beverly Darvill" wrote in message
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to
have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the
whole
group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the
3rd
line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from
the
previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon - I understand that bit now - so how can I have a chart that shows
stacked colums and 3 lines on top of one another and don't add the values
together (e.g. line 1 value 99, Line 2 value 0, Line 3 value 9)

Beverly

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use a regular line chart type for the line series, not a stacked line type.
This would be the line chart subtype to the left, not in the center, when
displayed in the Chart Wizard or Chart Type dialog in Excel 2003 and
earlier. I forget exactly in 2007, but it would be the first line chart
option of any group of options.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP