Old May 26th 09, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Data Labels - I Only Want One

Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just
one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data
point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with the
Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking on
the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and
unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points.
Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all
on and then deleting the ones that I don't want?

Old May 27th 09, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Try this, select the series then select the point. Use ribbon Chart Tools
Layout Labels Data Labels More Data Label Options.
You can now apply specific label type to selected point only.

Another way would be to add a dummy series that only contains data for those
points you want labeled?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Old June 11th 15, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks, just what I needed
Old June 11th 15, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG View Post
Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with the Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking on the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points. Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all on and then deleting the ones that I don't want?
bạn đ bao giờ tai game mien phi tại kenhgame.edu.vn chưa