Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how to

I'm doing a spreadsheet that has four years of data by month. I am planning
on building charts when I'm done. Is it better to put the data for the four
years by month all the way across the spreadsheet or is it better to do 4 12
month spreadsheets under each other I will need to print at some point, but
I wanted to have the data in an easy to chart format.....

thanks, all.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Depending somewhat on what will be the source data for the charts. If the
chart for each period will be identical except for the source data then think
about all the data on one worksheet and apply AutoFilter. You can then create
the chart on another worksheet with the full range of data and when you
select the individual months with Autofilter then the chart becomes dynamic
and displays for that month. This way you only require one chart. A simple
macro can be written to extract the AutoFilter Criteria to create a chart
title based on the AutoFilter selection each time the chart worksheet is
selected.

If you Google Excel charts with AutoFilter I am sure you will find some
examples.

OssieMac