Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How can I add time trends to a chart?

I am trying to add a time trend to a chart so I can see if I am completing a
bike circuit quicker as the days go by. But everytime I add the time in as
Minutes & Seconds it stays on the Zero line in my chart.

I do have other values there such as speed and distance but can't seem to
get the time to work like I want it to.

What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Stiggy Joe wrote:
I am trying to add a time trend to a chart so I can see if I am completing a
bike circuit quicker as the days go by. But everytime I add the time in as
Minutes & Seconds it stays on the Zero line in my chart.

I do have other values there such as speed and distance but can't seem to
get the time to work like I want it to.

What can I do?

Sounds like the scale of speed and distance are overwhelming the scale
of time. Excel renders time (without a date) as a value between 0 and 1.
You could place the time series on a secondary axis. How you do this
probably depends on the version you are using but in general, select the
time series in the chart, right click, and look around.