Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Editing secondary x-axis

I have successfully created a secondary x-axis in Excel 2003, but cannot edit
it. The dataset I want clearly sits on a second, upper (?) axis, but I cannot
change min/max values, tick-marks etc as the only options available (using
Format Axis) are for the primary axis.

JM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What kind of data is plotted on the secondary X axis? If it's in the form of
a line or column chart, the axis will not be numeric and you will be unable
to change the scale.

Did you really create a secondary X axis? If you simply assign a series to
the secondary axis, Excel often only creates the secondary Y axis. Go to
Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and make sure a secondary X Category
axis is selected.

Do you actually see the secondary X axis? Can you select it in the Chart
Element dropdown on the Chart toolbar? If not, you may have to format the
secondary Y axis to force the X axis to cross at the maximum value (or at
another position that isn't obscured by the primary X axis).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______