Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Line Graphs

Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while
leaving the rest unshaded?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yep, try this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"SecretaryII" wrote in message
Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while
leaving the rest unshaded?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could likely "trick" Excel by making another set of data between the two
data points and using a zero gap.
Eddie
http://www.HelpExcel.com

"SecretaryII" wrote:

Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while
leaving the rest unshaded?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programminghttp://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

"SecretaryII" wrote in message

Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while
leaving the rest unshaded?- Hide quoted text -

What is the logic to setting the date range on the secondary x axis to
1-1001? Area 1/Area 2 series both fall off the chart when I get to
this step, but I'm not sure how to remedy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Dividing the axis into 1000 units provides good resolution. Sometimes you
can't set the minimum of a date scale to zero, so I use 1 to 1001 as the
range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______