Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default level line

Hi All,

I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scaling may vary from small
values to large ones. I want to draw a level line at 15 minutes with AddLine
method. I can do that manually, but how can I calculate the position of 15
minutes (in points as required by the AddLine method) on y axis if its place
varies with scaling of y axis? (or is there any other way?)

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What's more, also the actual window size influences the place of 15 minutes
on the chart!
Stefi

€žStefi€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi All,

I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scaling may vary from small
values to large ones. I want to draw a level line at 15 minutes with AddLine
method. I can do that manually, but how can I calculate the position of 15
minutes (in points as required by the AddLine method) on y axis if its place
varies with scaling of y axis? (or is there any other way?)

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Rather than adding a line from the drawing toolbar consider using another
data series to draw the line
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scaling may vary from small
values to large ones. I want to draw a level line at 15 minutes with
AddLine
method. I can do that manually, but how can I calculate the position of 15
minutes (in points as required by the AddLine method) on y axis if its
place
varies with scaling of y axis? (or is there any other way?)

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Andy, in the meantime I've found also
Now I have several ways to choose from!
Stefi