Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Missing Data Point Labels

I have Excel 2007 and when I click on a data series and select 'Add
Data Labels' they don't show. Any ideas?

--
Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Can you provide some more detail.
Such as Chart type, chart location, data source.

After trying to add data labels does the right click context menu for the
series change to Format Data Labels?
Are data labels available in the drop down selector in Chart Tools Layout
Current Selection.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Jerry" wrote in message
I have Excel 2007 and when I click on a data series and select 'Add
Data Labels' they don't show. Any ideas?

--
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Chart type is a line chart, located on the same tab as the data. The
drop down does change to Format Data Labels and the data labels are
available in the chart tools area.

--
Jerry

On May 13, 10:37*am, "Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Can you provide some more detail.
Such as Chart type, chart location, data source.

After trying to add data labels does the right click context menu for the
series change to Format Data Labels?
Are data labels available in the drop down selector in Chart Tools Layout
* Current Selection.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excelhttp://www.andypope.info"Jerry" wrote in message

I have Excel 2007 and when I click on a data series and select 'Add
Data Labels' they don't show. Any ideas?

--
Jerry- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On May 13, 9:18*am, Jerry wrote:
I have Excel 2007 and when I click on a data series and select 'Add
Data Labels' they don't show. Any ideas?

I ended up reformatting the data series in the formula bar and it now
works. I'm finding a lot of these weird quirks in Excel 2007.

--
Jerry