Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stop Charts from Rendering

I am running Excel 2007 on a worksheet with about 450,000 data points. Every
now and then I accidently hit F11 and Excel tries to chart the worksheet. Is
there anyway to stop the chart from rendering once it has started? I usually
loose about five mintues waiting for Excel to either finish or tell me it
won't work. The load has crashed Excel every now and then.

PJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I don't think you can breakout once the action has started.

Maybe you could use some code to stop the accidents.

this routine,

'--------------------------
Sub ConfirmChart()
If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to create a chart", vbYesNo Or
vbQuestion) = vbYes Then
Charts.Add

And this command to assign F11 to the macro

application.OnKey "{F11}","ConfirmChart"

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel