Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked Column Chart Challenge

I need to creat a stacked column chart, but need the columns to be one in
front of another, vs either stacked next to one another on top of one
another. The closest I have come is to do the chart in 3D and pivot the
corners of the area so the columns are mostly one in front of another.

Have run out of ideas and not coming up with a good solution - any
suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If they are one in front of the other, they are not stacked.

Make a clustered column chart, then format one of the series and play with
the Overlap setting. 100 means they overlap 100% and thy are perfectly
aligned. 50% means the ones in front only obscure half the width of the ones
in back.

You have to take care that the bars in front aren't taller than those in
back or you'll lose sight of some of the data. Even if the taller bars are
in back, partially obscuring them partially obscures the meaning of the
chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______