Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting concatenated columns of data (from different dates)?

Hi All,

This is probably something simple, but I'm brand new at Excel charting.

I have a number of spreadsheets, each with the time of day down column
A, in 1/2 hour increments (12:00 AM, 12:30 AM, 1:00 AM, etc.). Starting with
column B, each column is a different date, out to column AD.

In the cells, my wife has recorded her blood sugar levels. Now we want
to print a chart with blood sugar on the Y axis, and times on the x-axis,
repeating over the date range. it will be a very long chart, but that's what
we're after.

How do I tell Excel to chart the data like this, with the columns
essentially concatenated to one axis of the chart?

Thabks and Regards,
Max
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You want the days and times to spread across the chart? The best thing to do
is set up the data with data and time together as a date-time (5/10/2009
12:00 AM, 5/10/2009 12:30 AM, etc.) in column A and the readings in column
B. Make an XY chart; a Line chart will put all data points for a given day
at midnight, even though they occur at different times.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

. 16...