Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Vertical Axis

In excel you can color code cells, but when the data is selected and charted
the color code is lost. For example, i have 36 values on the vertical axis
with three different colors for the values. When I select the data to chart
it automatically is displayed in the color of black. Is there a way to
reflect the colors depicted in the cells or a possible solution?

Thanks,
Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If all the data of the same color cell were one data series then you could
apply color formatting to the series in the chart. But if your data is
dynamic and the color assignment to the cells changes, then the series ranges
would have to change. I was able to select datapoint and format a marker for
it with a style different from the other datapoints in the series but not the
color.