Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
AC AC is offline

Default Display Horizontal and Vertical Line In Area Chart (Excel 2007)

Hello,
I have an area chart that shows workload in % (y-axis) over a year (x-
axis). I am trying to add a horizontal target line to that at 100% and
a vertical line that indicates today's date. I would prefer to show
all charted data on the primary axis, since the XY chart doesn't go
all the way to the top when placed on the secondary axis. I am trying
to accomplish this in Excel 2007.
I have found some great examples on the Internet to do one or the
other in a chart, but so far nothing that indicates I can do both. Is
it possible to add both lines in?

Apologies for being so vague on the actual problems I am having, but
in all my attempts so far, the chart has shown some very eratic
behavior and crazy results, for example, all charted data (area and
line chart) disappears, the data label for the vertical line
disappears if I move the line from the secondary axis to the primary
axis, oh, and my favorite one, Excel crashes alltogether.

All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.
Antje
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This technique works for vertical and horizontal lines on area charts, even
in Excel 2007, though you may have to fiddle with the order of some of the
steps.

If the XY chart series doesn't reach the top of the chart, it's probably
because the Y axis scale has not been fixed.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______