Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dates in Charts

I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and
amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it
shows all dates

March 1, March 2, March 3

Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
AGP AGP is offline

you cant. just like if you had numeric data 0, 3, 9, 15 and plotted it.
the numbers in between are still shown on the axis.

AGP

"Erika" wrote in message
I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and
amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it
shows all dates

March 1, March 2, March 3

Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Change the axis type from Automatic or Time Scale (Date Scale in 2007) to
Category (Text in 2007). Pre 2007, right click the chart, choose Chart
Options, and on the Axes tab, change the selection. In 2007, select the
axis, press Ctrl+1 (numeral one) to format it, and in the dialog's first
tab, change the axis type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______