Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How can I extract the XValues Formual String

This is very frustrating I currently have this code

Sub Test()
Dim X
X = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Formula
Debug.Print X
End Sub

The above code works fine and outputs
=SERIES("MyChart",data!$FK$597:$FK$638,data!$FJ$59 7:$FJ$639,1)
which is what I want however ........

When I try this code

Sub Test()
Dim B
B = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues.Formula
Debug.Print B
End Sub

I get a runtime error 424 Object Requiered

What am I doing wrong Surely there is a method to return the formula string
value of the XValues of a chart series ??

Dan Thompson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Only the series has a formula property. You will need to parse the formula
to get the xvalues part.
John Walkenbach has created a class to do this
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php..._chart_series/

Cheers
Andy

--