Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Logarithmic trendlines

Can someone please tell me how to display a log base 10 equation for a
logarithmic trendline in an excel chart
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Multiply the coefficient of ln(x) by ln(10).

Alternatively, get the coefficients in the worksheet by selecting a 5 row by
2 column range and entering the array formula
=LINEST(range-with-y-values,LOG10(range-with-x-values),TRUE,TRUE).

To enter an array formula complete data entry with the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
combination rather than just the ENTER or TAB key.
--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com