Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Suppres Zero or empty Cell value in a line graph

Hi I'm using Office 2007. I have two charts using data from the same sheet.
The second graph is a copy of the first. In the first graph, the empty and
zero value cells are not displayed. In the second graph, the zero value cells
is displayed (draged to zero) although the option "connect points with line"
is checked.
The strange thing: if I change the Y-data to another part of the sheet, it
is no longer dragged to zero. Even if the cell is empty it's still dragged to
zero
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

A formula that returns "" is not an empty cell, it's a formula (or it's a
small piece of text). If you want the line to connect the points on either
side, substitute NA() for "" in your formula.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.