Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default pie chart with text data

I'm a newbie at some of the functions of Excel and this is one of
them. I need to take the responses to a survey that have been saved as
an excel sheet and make them into a pie chart. There are 5 answers and
4 categories. Is there any way to do that? I would appreciate any help
I can get on this one. Do I need to assign a numeric value to each
response and another to each category? Like I said, I haven't used
some of the functions in excel and this is one of them. Thanks for any
help.
Mitch
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It isn't clear what you want to do.

Do you have many responsdents, each responding to 5 answers, each with 4
categories?

Or, do you have 5 responses, each of whom provided an answer to the 4
categories?

Also, what do you want to make into a pie chart? What, specifically, would
each wedge in the chart represent?

--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com