Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Color formatting pivot bar chart

I have a bar chart that shows the top 5 40 segments broken down by each
teritory. It graphs good, but I need to color code the segments into their
groups. So 1-5 may be one group, 6-13 will be another. When I color code
all turn the same color. I would like to conditional format on the
worksheet. Can that transfer to the chart? How do I manually make the
segments change. Each territory will not have the same top 5 segments, thus
using pivot to help with this task. The top 5 are from a generated report.
I could bring all 40 but will still want to graph top 5.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

It is important to know what version of Excel you are using for this task.

In 2003 this is really not an option in the pivot table, for one thing the
pivot chart will reset to the default colors everytime you refresh the pivot
table or pivot chart.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire