Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default XY Charts

On my Excel sheet I have the following:
1 st br pa
2 23.5
3 25.3
4 25.5 25 24
5 26.1
6 28.5

On one chart, would like to see points and lines as follows with the x axis
1-6 and y axis from 23 to 30 and
for "st" a line from 25.3 to 25.5 to 28.5: for "br" 23.5 to 25 and for "pa"
24 to 26.1.
This is a sample of height measurements for three grandsons taken a various
time but not equivalent in age (above in months). When I select an XY scatter
chart I get restricted to only two of the three columns. Help appreciated.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The way it's set up, there is no Y value for X=1. But no matter, let's
continue.

If the numbers 1 thru 6 are typed into cells, you're ready to go. If they
refer to row numbers, you need to insert a column and type the numbers in
the inserted column.

Select this range of data, and insert an XY chart. Double click the Y axis,
and on the Scale tab (in 2003, if it's 2007 it's on the main tab), change
the minimum to 23 and the maximum to 30. With the chart selected go to Tools
menu Options Chart tab, and near the top where it says Plot Empty Cells
As, choose Interpolated.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP