Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie Chart Question

Hi All,

I have a pie chart where I want to show values on the chart, but the values
blend together on the small slices and look a mess. Is there any way to not
show the data values when they are less that a certain proportion of the
whole chart? Or any other way of doing the same?

Thanks for any help.
Bill.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

1. Select the data labels and choose Format, Selected Data Labels
2. Activate the Number tab and choose Custom.
3. Enter the following custom format to the Type box
[60]0.00;;

Adjust the 60 as needed it means that all values 60 and below will not
display.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bill" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a pie chart where I want to show values on the chart, but the values
blend together on the small slices and look a mess. Is there any way to not
show the data values when they are less that a certain proportion of the
whole chart? Or any other way of doing the same?

Thanks for any help.
Bill.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Glad to help, no problem with the Yes button, that is a web interface option.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire