Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Graphing question

Hello,

How do I extrapolate a graph which do not have a formula for the graph?

At the end of the graph, I found that I don't have enough data and
would want to have a longer graph?

--
wenlianglo
wenlianglo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You might also consider 1. Adding a Trendline to the chart and then choosing
the trendline and telling it to show forward some number of periods.
Alternately you can extrapolate the numbers in the spreadsheet by using
LINEST, LOGEST, SLOPE, INTERCEPT, or TREND. Also if you add a trendline to
the chart you can then ask Excel to show you the equation it came up with and
you can build that in the spreadsheet.

Commands: Chart, Add Trendline. also the Options tab of that same dialog
box.

Without more details we can't be much more help. What does your data look
like?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire