Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Problem w/X axis in chart (2003)

I didn't get any hits with my first post, so let's try again with a different
subject line.

I'm creating stacked bar charts where I'm tracking data from three points in
time (one chart for each reporting period). I started this project a year
ago and don't remember how I created the first chart, so I decided to just
replicate the first chart, then change the data series.

I did so by copying the source data range. For some reason, the second
chart has a max capacity of 180% (instead of 100%). When I go to Format
Axis, the first chart shows the following values under Scale:

Value Y
Minimum = 0
Max = 100
Major = 20
Minor = 4
Category X crosses at 0
Display Units reads None and is grayed out.
Show Display is checked and is grayed out.

The Number tab is set as follows:
Percentage
Decimal = 0
Linked to source checked

When I go to Format Axis on the second chart, this is what I find:

Scale
Min=0
Max=1.8
Major=0.2
Minor=0.04
Category X = 0
Display Units = None but not grayed out
Show Units checked and grayed out

Number
Percentage
Decimal=2
Linked to source not checked

I go into the Format Axis and try to change Chart 2 so it mimics Chart 1,
but the changes don't stay.

HELP!