Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Relabeling axis numbers

Greetings:

I purchased Excel 2007 for Dummies and got hoodwinked again. As usual (does
this happen to you?) the problem I have is not discussed nor found in the
book.

I have a relatively simple chart with time data portrayed in YEARS on the X
axis. When I create the chart it shows 1 through 27, the number of years well
enough buy I can't find the editing feature to portray those numbers as the
years in which the data occurred. I have discovered and been through all the
editing features I can find but none of them will accomplish what I want.

Has anyone been through this before and would you please help me?

It would, be greatly apppreciated.

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Do you have the Year values entered in a column beside your actual data?
If not the chart will default to labeling the x axis with a sequential
category number, 1 thru 27.

Place the Year values in a column and use that as the category labels.
Select the chart and via
Chart Tools Design Select Data Horizontal (Category) axis label Edit

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel